RECKON you could spot real from fake when it comes to luxury designer items?
With some pretty convincing replicas flooding the market, you'd need a sharp eye to spot the difference.
New data released by H&T Pawnbrokers reveals the designer brands being replicated the most as Brits are spending over £3.2bn unknowingly on fake designer goods.
Yeezy, Balenciaga and Rolex come in at the top of the list, with fakes of their products most in demand – while Gucci, Chanel and Louis Vuitton are also among the most ripped-off brands.
One in three Brits fall for buying fake products online, and H&T has revealed how to spot them by looking for a fewspecific details.
So can you tell the real from the fake? Examine them closely before taking a look at the answers below.
The top ten replicated designer brands
7 Vivienne Westwood
9 Louis Vuitton
1. Gucci Marmont Clutch Bag
2. The Rolex Submariner
3. Vivienne Westwood Orb Necklace
4. Chanel Quilted Flap Bag
How to spot a fake designer product
- Real designer bags do not come with authenticity cards
- Tags should not be attached to the bag, these usually come with the receipt or are tucked into the packaging
- Designer bags usually have a serial number
- The bag should look and feel high-quality. Check for even stitching, tidy material, no frayed edges and clear colour matching
- Solid construction (dependent on materials) – designer bags should not be flimsy and should hold their shape
- Designer products are made to last – check for quality hardware. If the product tarnishes easily or loses its colour, it’s fake
- Some designer bags have insert linings which are noticeable straight away, these are usually mimicked from images
- Purchase from an established jewellers
- Make note of the image quality if buying online – is it high-quality? Is it trustworthy?
- Designer jewellery will always come with official packaging and dust bags
- Dependant on the type of jewellery but the daintier the more high-quality it is
- Check for stamping! Designer jewellery will usually be hallmarked
- Check for any discoloration on the skin when wearing. High-quality jewellery won’t change colour or discolour your skin
- Look for sellers/dealers who specialise in authorising as well as service using authentic Rolex parts
- A genuine high end watch will feel heavy due to high quality materials
- The second hand movement on the watch should not be rigid
- The model name and serial number on a fake may be used across all of their pieces rather than individual ones
- Check for the official branding and compare with a genuine model if you can
- The fine details won’t be as refined, including placement and spacing etc
- Forgeries usually miss extra details including additional functionality
Source: H&T Pawnbrokers
Are you ready for the answers?
If you want to have a go at another tricky quiz, can YOU match the kid to their celeb parent? One has Louise Redknapp for a mum and another’s dad is Piers Morgan.
Plus From £100K smiles to VERY expensive veneers – can you name the celeb behind these pricey pearly whites?
Fancy another challenge? Can you guess the celebrities behind these masks?
Source: Read Full Article