Danielle Lloyd says Wagatha strengthened Rooney marriage: They can’t get any stronger

Following a nail-biting 10-week wait, last week saw Coleen Rooney "pleased" to finally put the Wagatha Christie court case behind her after a High Court judge dramatically ruled in her favour, at the conclusion of her trial with Rebekah Vardy.

Rebekah, 40, launched legal action after Coleen, 36, claimed her fellow WAG's Instagram account was linked to stories about her leaking to the press.

Speaking shortly after the verdict was given on Friday at noon, Coleen, 36, said she "never believed" the case should have gone to court "at such expense in times of hardship for so many people when the money could have been far better spent helping others" and she "made every effort" to avoid it happening.

Despite this, Coleen's pal and fellow WAG Danielle Lloyd told OK! this week that Coleen and footballer husband Wayne are stronger than ever following their court battle.

Telling us that her friend will be "delighted" with the results, Danielle explained that while Coleen and her husband Wayne are in the public eye, "they are both very private people".

"It is a victory for them but I don’t feel like they can get stronger than they are," she said.

"At the end of the day, she’s been through a really stressful experience and she will be so relieved this is over, and hopefully it will stop anybody thinking about doing it to her again."

"I just feel like now they’re able to move on and be happy and not have to worry about people going on their accounts and stealing things and selling them. I don’t know if she was confident all along but I don’t think she would have ever put up that post if she’d had any doubts."

Danielle continued: "She gave an olive branch to Rebekah over a year ago and said, 'Let’s drop this and give the money to charity instead.' It’s just a shame for both of them, really.

"Coleen didn’t want it to get this far but it’s done now and I think everybody will just be relieved."

Following the verdict, Rebekah Vardy also released a statement.

She said, "I am extremely sad and disappointed at the decision that the judge has reached. It is not the result that I had expected, nor believe was just. I brought this action to vindicate my reputation and am devastated by the judge’s finding.

"The judge accepted that publication of Coleen’s post was not in the ‘public interest’ and she also rejected her claim that I was the Secret Wag. But as for the rest of her judgement, she got it wrong and this is something I cannot accept."

Becky added: "As I explained in my evidence I, my family and even my unborn baby, were subjected to disgusting messages and vile abuse following Coleen’s post and these have continued even during the course of the trial."

She also pleaded: "Please can the people who have been abusing me and my family now stop. The case is over. I want to thank everyone who has supported me."

On how Becky will be feeling, Danielle added: "I think she’s got to regret it, she’s just lost £3 million, I’d be devastated. I think she’s lost her reputation too.

"When she was taking this further, I don’t believe she thought about phones being taken and everything that came with it. But sadly, it’s come back to bite her on the bum."

READ MORE:

  • Jodie Comer and Emerald Fennell 'in frame' to play Coleen and Rebekah in Wagatha drama
  • Coleen Rooney 'considers damages claim against Rebekah Vardy after libel win in new Wagatha clash'
  • Rebekah Vardy flashes peace sign in new snap after Wagatha Christie trial loss
  • Coleen Rooney 'in talks for Wagatha Christie documentary' after win
  • Get exclusive celebrity stories and shoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter

Source: Read Full Article

You May Also Like