Brit, 23, missing in Fiji for eight days found ‘safe and well’ after eco-retreat

A missing 23-year-old British backpacker who vanished in Fiji has been found "safe and well" a week after she last contacted her family.

Lydia O’Sullivan, from Whitehaven, Cumbria, had been travelling abroad for the past two years and recently arrived in the south Pacific nation from New Zealand.

Her sister confirmed in a Facebook post that Lydia had been on an eco-retreat to the Fijian mountains while a major search took place.

Franciene Nicholson said: "We are absolutely elated that  Lydia O'Sullivan  has been found safe and well on an Eco retreat in the Fijian mountains.

  • Grandad may lose leg after drunk driver crashed into statue and crushed him

  • Hunt launched for missing Brit who vanished after landing in Fiji a week ago

 "My mother has just spoken to her and she is safe and well oblivious to the world search party looking for her.

"We would like to thank the police forces in Fiji and England for there hard work and dedication to find Lydia.

"But mostly we would like as a family to thank our amazing friends and everyone that has sent well wishes and offers for help.

"The Fijian people have been so kind. They all went the extra mile to help find Lydia.

  • Autistic child banned from cruise ships for life because of incident when he was 9

"Sometimes social media is portrayed in a negative light , but today is a great day for the power of Facebook, positivity and community spirit it can bring. Thank you Facebook, you found Lydia x."

Namosi Eco Retreat posted a picture with missing Lydia at a village in the interior of the country after news of the search filtered back.

It said: "A HUGE thank you to Lydia for staying with us this week. The village kids miss you already! Safe travels and God Bless."

  • All the subtle digs and complaints in Meghan Markle and Harry's Megxit statement

On Facebook, Lydia's sister Franciene Nicholson had earlier appealed for help after her family had not heard from her since February 26.

She said Lydia had been travelling and teaching English in various countries, and had more recently been based in Auckland.

She wrote in a public Facebook post that Lydia travelled to Fiji for some time off on February 26.

"She messaged to say she had landed safely but has not been heard from since. Lydia normally contacts my mother daily. We have not heard from her for a week now.

"We are becoming increasingly worried as a family. If anyone has seen her in Fiji or has any information about her where abouts please please contact."

Source: Read Full Article

You May Also Like