TOMORROW is World Book Day, when thousands of kids will dress up for school as their favourite fictional character.
Some parents will splash the cash on costumes but I agree with Sun Saver Pat.
She emailed me saying: “Schools don’t take into consideration that larger families have to spend more. That’s plus school trips and projects, so it all adds up.”
But don’t get in a flap. I’ve done the homework for you.
And the winners are…
- Best price: Lidl is where I found the cheapest costumes, with classics such as Peter Pan, Little Red Riding Hood and Goldilocks coming in at just £6.99.
- Best accessories: Fans of Daisy Meadows’ Fairy books should go to Primark, where you can get wings, a tutu and floral wand for £5.
Princesses never seem to go out of fashion, so add a £2.50 Primark tiara to your youngster’s smartest dress, for a seriously low-cost outfit.
- Widest variety: This is a tough choice, as Aldi has some brilliant Dennis The Menace outfits, as well as Toy Story ones, from £9.99.
George at Asda has a huge range of outfits, including Dr Seuss’s Cat In The Hat all-in-ones, from £14, as well as a couple of very cost-effective faves. Pick up a Horrid Henry top (and felt hair) for a fiver or get a Where’s Wally? striped top and hat, also £5.
- Most-loved character: Harry Potter is near the top of most youngsters’ lists. And B&M has the cheapest boy-wizard outfit at £7.99.
Alternatively, you could add a Gryffindor accessories pack (including red tie and wand) to their existing uniform for just £5 at Asda.
Aldi has a full costume including cloak for just £9.99.
For more bargain outfits, watch my video at facebook. com/theSunSavers.
- ALL prices on this page are correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers are subject to availability.
Deal of the day
IT’S heaven scent.
Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy eau de parfum, 50ml, is half-price at Boots.
Grab a bottle for £15, down from £30.
GU’s new range of chocolate mousses are on offer at Morrisons for just £2, usually £3.30.
I love the dark choc and salted caramel.
A FIVE-PACK of Tesco original bagels costs 79p, that’s half the price of five New York Bakery plain bagels that sell for £1.60.
My breakfast bagel has never tasted so good.
Reader's saving tip
SHEILA BARTHORPE, from Chingford in Essex, says: “I keep the plastic tubs from plums and grapes, to store veg in the fridge.
“It saves on expensive containers.”
- Send your tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is used. Please include your name and town.
My Sun Savers fiver
FLORRIE KNIBBS, of Bexleyheath, Kent, says: “I’m saving my fivers to take my daughter to the Isle of Wight for her birthday.”
- Send your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is used. Include your name and town.
Shop and save
RAISE a glass to this deal – 20 bottles of Bud Light Lager is £10, down from £13 at Asda.
Hot right now
GET two courses from the a la carte menu at Frankie & Benny’s for £19.99 with Groupon.co.uk.
Play now to win £50,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £50k monthly Raffle.
And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect.
So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app.
Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £50k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver.
So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple.
You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone.
Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow.
And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
- PRICES correct at time of going to press. Deals/offers subject to availability.
Source: Read Full Article