Prince Harry is ‘adamant’ it was HIS decision to move to Canada after he realised Meghan Markle would ‘never be given a fair chance’ in the UK, source claims to Us Weekly
- Prince Harry, 35, had reached limit before deciding to officially move to Canada
- Source claimed Duke of Sussex is adamant it was his call to relocate with family
- Added he ‘snapped’ when realised wife Meghan would never get a ‘fair shake’
Prince Harry had reached his limit before he and wife Meghan Markle decided to officially move to Canada, a source claimed.
The Duke, 35, and Duchess of Sussex, 38, who have officially stepped back as senior royals in a bid to become financially independent, moved from Windsor to Vancouver Island in January and currently live in a £10 million mansion.
‘When it became clear Meghan was never going to get a fair shake, Harry snapped,’ a source said, speaking to US Weekly. ‘He’s adamant that it was his call to move to Canada.’
The royal couple carried out their last public royal duty before they walked away from the monarchy, at the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey on March 9.
Prince Harry, 35, and Meghan Markle, 38, attend the Commonwealth Day Service 2020 at Westminster Abbey on March 9, 2020 in London
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their baby son Archie Mountbatten-Windsor meet Archbishop Desmond Tutu at the Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation during their royal tour of South Africa on September 25, 2019 in Cape Town
Meanwhile, a second source previously claimed the royals moved to Canada to protect Archie from the ‘negativity’ in the UK.
‘He wants to shield his son from the negativity and tension he would’ve been exposed to back in England,’ they said, speaking to the publication.
A further added that Prince Harry ‘knows what it’s like to grow up in the spotlight, and he wants to give Archie the most normal upbringing possible.’
It comes as a close friend exclusively told DailyMail.com Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are self-isolating in Canada, and that Harry feels ‘helpless’ and is ‘concerned’ about the Queen and his father catching coronavirus.
‘He wants to shield his son from the negativity and tension he would’ve been exposed to back in England’ a source previously told Us Weekly. Pictured, at the Mountbatten Festival of Music on March 7
Taking to the Sussex Royal Instagram account, the couple have since broken their silence on the coronavirus pandemic and branded the efforts to tackle the coronavirus epidemic ‘as true a testament there is to the human spirit.’
They shared an inspirational quote alongside a long caption which began: ‘These are uncertain times. And now, more than ever, we need each other.’
‘We need each other for truth, for support, and to feel less alone during a time that can honestly feel quite scary.’
As well as urging their 11.7 million-strong following to remain united, they also thanked those working tirelessly around the world to help fight.
The royal couple shared a quote which read: ‘This moment is as true a testament there is to the human spirit’ (pictured)
Source: Read Full Article