DALLAS — Knicks hot-shooting guard Alec Burks has been placed in the COVID-19 health and safety protocols, the team announced.
The Knicks said he will miss Friday’s game in Dallas, but he could be out a lot longer.
If Burks tested positive for COVID, he would miss at least 10 days of action as he quarantines.
Before the Burks’ announcement, Knicks center Taj Gibson, when asked about avenging the Mavericks loss earlier this month, said, “It’s a whole new game with a different lineups. We don’t know who we’re going to have. We don’t know who they’re going to have. It’s being prepared.”
Derrick Rose was away from the Knicks for more than two weeks after being symptomatic after testing positive last month. Because of HIIPA laws, the Knicks won’t say if Burks tested positive or had an inconclusive test.
Knicks point guard Frank Ntilikina was in health and safety protocols over a contract-tracing incident in February when he was in contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19. He was away from the team for 10 days.
Burks, who has become a huge piece off the bench, scored 14 of his 21 points in the fourth quarter in New Orleans on Wednesday to key the Knicks’ fourth straight victory.
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article