How to make KFC at HOME: Mum shares her ‘game-changing’ fried chicken recipe – and the ’11 secret herbs and spices’ that make it amazing
- A home cook has shown off her ‘game-changing’ fried chicken with 11 herbs
- The Australian woman, Jane, showed off photos of her dish and how she made it
- Jane said she follows a recipe shared by the fast food giant, KFC
- The recipe uses a combination of oregano, paprika, ginger and dried thyme
A home cook has shown off her ‘game-changing’ fried chicken, and revealed she relies on a combination of ’11 secret herbs and spices’ to make the delicious dish.
The Australian woman, called Jane, showed off photos of her chicken and revealed how she made it in a Facebook cookery group.
Jane said she follows a recipe shared by the fast food giant, KFC, that she discovered online.
This uses a combination of dried oregano leaves, paprika, ground ginger and dried thyme leaves among other herbs spices to get the perfect crispiness.
A home cook has shown off her ‘game-changing’ fried chicken, and revealed she relies on a combination of ’11 secret herbs and spices’ to make the delicious dish (finished result pictured)
‘Here are pictures of the 11 secret herbs and spices and the finished product,’ Jane posted on Facebook.
‘I don’t like the sweetness of buttermilk, so I just use an egg wash to marinate the chicken before baking it in the oven.’
The 11 spices that make the perfect chicken include table salt, dried thyme leaves, dried basil leaves and dried oregano leaves.
You’ll also need celery salt, ground black pepper, dried mustard, ground paprika, garlic salt, ground ginger and ground white pepper.
Jane uses a recipe by KFC that incorporates 11 different herbs and spices including dried oregano , paprika, ground ginger and dried thyme leaves (the herbs and spices pictured)
How to make the ‘game-changing’ fried chicken
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 tablespoons salt
1/2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
Jane shared how she makes the chicken and gets the perfect crispiness (the dish pictured)
1/2 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1/3 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
1 tablespoon celery salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried mustard
3 tablespoons paprika (original recipe calls for 4 tablespoons)
2 tablespoons garlic salt
1 tablespoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons ground white pepper
2 teaspoons Accent Seasoning , optional (I left this out)
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
1 chicken, cut into 10 pieces (2 wings, 2 legs, 2 thighs and 2 breasts each cut in half to make 4 breast pieces)
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Add the spices to a small food processor until they’re all uniform in size and the thyme, basil and oregano aren’t larger in size anymore.
2. Add the flour in a bowl with all the herbs and spices and mix with a whisk.
3. In a second larger bowl add the buttermilk and egg together and whisk until combined.
4. Add the chicken to the buttermilk mixture for 20-30 minutes.
5. Remove chicken from the buttermilk soak and let any excess buttermilk drip off. Jane uses egg wash instead of buttermilk.
6. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture on all sides, then shake off the excess coating.
7. Let it rest on a baking sheet for 20-30 minutes.
8. Add oil to a deep fryer or a large pot that is at least five inches high so that the chicken can be fully submerged.
9. Heat the oil to 350 degrees and fry in small batches for 15-18 minutes.
10. Remove the chicken from the oil and add to a drying rack on top of a clean cookie sheet.
11. If you add it to a paper towel or newspaper the bottom of the chicken will steam from the heat and become soft.
Source: Dinner Then Dessert
Hundreds of people who saw the chicken said it looked ‘delicious’ and ‘so similar to KFC’.
‘Please tell us all of your chicken secrets,’ one woman posted.
‘That chicken looks utterly delicious,’ added another.
In April last year, Ernestina Agyei, 30, from London, revealed her recipe for KFC’s chicken drumsticks (the drumsticks pictured)
This isn’t the first time that a home cook has gone viral after sharing their recipe for homemade KFC.
In April last year, Ernestina Agyei, 30, from London, revealed her recipe for KFC’s chicken drumsticks.
She revealed she mixes flour and spices before deep frying them in oil to make the delicious chicken treat at home.
After posting the recipe online, KFC dubbed the dish ‘exquisite’ and praised the marketing manager’s version of their famous dish, giving her a score of 9/10.
Source: Read Full Article