Noel Clarke's co-star Jaime Winstone has spoken out on social media after 20 women came forward to accuse the 45-year-old actor of sexual misconduct.
Clarke has vehemently denied all allegations made against him and has not been accused of rape.
The Guardian reports the allegations against him relate to a period between 2004 and 2019.
Accusations include sharing sexually explicit photos and videos without consent.
Taking to her Instagram page, Jaime shared the Time's Up logo from the 2018 movement created by 300 female Hollywood actors, writers, executives, and directors to "counter systemic sexual harassment in the entertainment business."
Jaime wrote a brief caption with the post: "When you're late to the party but you've been on the list for 15 years."
She included a 'power' fist emoji, a crying face, and a sick emoji with her words.
Clarke had been made aware of the allegations before collecting his Bafta for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema on April 10 at the Royal Albert Hall, writes the paper.
The awards committee had also been alerted 13 days before the ceremony but said it was provided with "no evidence" that would allow it to investigate.
Numerous women are reported to have broken their silence following the ceremony, alleging the star uses his power to prey on and harass female colleagues.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
Clarke said in a statement to the Guardian: “In a 20-year career, I have put inclusivity and diversity at the forefront of my work and never had a complaint made against me.
"If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologise.
"I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing and intend to defend myself against these false allegations.”
Through his lawyers, Clarke denied all but one allegation the Guardian put to him and allegedly accepts that he once made inappropriate comments about one woman for which he later apologised.
In a 29-page letter, Clarke's lawyers said he denies all of the other allegations.
Clarke is currently appearing in ITV's new drama series Viewpoint, with the broadcaster pulling the last episode from being shown on TV following the allegations.
The final instalment of the gripping drama was due to air yesterday (April 30) but the channel has removed it from television schedules.
BAFTA has since suspended his membership and his Contribution to Cinema award.
A statement from them read: "In light of the allegations of serious misconduct regarding Noel Clarke in The Guardian, BAFTA has taken the decision to suspend his membership and the Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema award immediately and until further notice."
Source: Read Full Article