Sutton Foster feels ‘really lucky’ to be working on ‘Younger’
Drama League honors Sutton Foster at the Plaza
‘Younger’ star Sutton Foster spills her anti-aging skincare tips
‘Younger’ stars reveal what being on set is really like
Sutton Foster is happy to see producer Scott Rudin bow out from Broadway amid bullying allegations lodged against him.
“I feel like the only positive outcome is the one that happened,” the actress, 46, said during an Instagram Live with Broadway colleague Beth Nicely on Sunday, according to the Daily Mail.
Foster then expressed how she was looking forward to having a better work environment on the set of “The Music Man” now that Rudin, 62, has stepped away.
“I am so honored to be a part of ‘The Music Man,’ and I can’t wait to create an incredible, safe, inclusive, loving environment for everyone involved, and that is all I care about moving forward,” she said.
While the “Younger” star briefly touched upon the scandal during the livestream, she admitted that she intentionally did not call out Rudin on her Instagram feed.
“I didn’t feel like I needed to post so that it would happen,” she said of his exit. “I didn’t feel like that was something I needed to do because it becomes, like, a reactionary thing.”
Foster claimed that her “Music Man” co-star Hugh Jackman felt equally happy to see Rudin go before apologizing for not speaking up sooner about the matter.
“I apologize if it seems like I wasn’t actively trumpeting my feelings, but I feel like the noise of — I couldn’t get a clear mind, and I really needed to step away,” she explained. “I never had to deal with anyone like this before, and I think 46 years on this Earth deserves that.”
The Tony Award winner added that she wanted to take the more “mature” route and think over her feelings before making any sort of comments, noting that she is “excited” to return to Broadway with the new changes.
“I just feel really, it’s an unbelievably unfortunate situation, but the only positive outcome is the one that is happening.”
As Page Six reported last week, the powerful film and stage producer announced that he would “step back” from working on the “Music Man” revival at the Winter Garden Theatre after he was accused of bullying.
“After a period of reflection, I’ve made the decision to step back from active participation on our Broadway productions, effective immediately,” he said in a statement. “My roles will be filled by others from the Broadway community and in a number of cases, from the roster of participants already in place on those shows.”
Rudin’s announcement came after the Hollywood Reporter’s report that the man behind “The Book of Mormon,” “Moulin Rouge” and “West Side Story” had allegedly thrown glass bowls, a stapler and a baked potato at former employees.
The Actors’ Equity Association has since called on Rudin to release employees from nondisclosure agreements in an effort to create “truly safe and harassment-free theatrical workspaces on Broadway and beyond.”
“We have heard from hundreds of members that these allegations are inexcusable, and everyone deserves a safe workplace whether they are a union member or not,” AEA president Kate Shindle and executive director Mary McColl said in a statememt.
“Moulin Rouge!” Broadway actress Karen Olivo previously announced that she was leaving the show to protest Rudin’s behavior.
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article