Moment suspected coronavirus patient is evacuated through the WINDOW as bug is so contagious – The Sun

THIS is the moment a coronavirus patient is lowered out of a window by emergency services.

Firefighters wearing respirators had to use a cherry picker to rescue the man from a three-storey building Shepherds Bush, West London.

⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates

Credit: London News Pictures
The patient had been self-isolating but his conditions had become extreme and he needed to be taken to hospital.

Crews were wearing full-face respirators usually used in fire fights to protect them against covid-19.

Paramedics wearing personal protective equipment then arrived on the scene to treat the man.

London is Britain’s epicentre for the deadly bug with one major hospital close to running out of oxygen because it has treated so many patients, it was reported today.

NHS bosses quickly warned trusts that too many coronavirus patients put on machines could lead to oxygen supplies failing all together, the Guardian reports.

This could “present a potentially significant risk to multiple patients”, NHS England said.

The total number of patients who have died in hospital after testing positive for coronavirus has gone up from 1,789 to 2,352.


The government has faced criticism with its handling of the crisis after it was revealed just 2,000 NHS staff – out of 550,000 – have been tested for coronavirus.

The doctors, nurses and healthcare workers are at the frontline of the battle against the bug, with the number of patients testing positive rising from 25,150 to 29,474 as the pandemic spreads.

So far more than 3,500 NHS workers have even tested for the virus.

But Boris Johnson yesterday confirmed 397 million extra pieces of protection kit had been shipped in for "amazing" health service staff.


Yesterday a 13-year-old boy became the UK's youngest coronavirus victim after dying from the disease at King's College Hospital in London on Monday.

Ismail Mohamed Abdulwahab, 13, from Brixton, South West London, had no underlying health conditions.

Tragically, his mum and six siblings were not able to be by his side in his final moments because of the contagiousness of the killer virus.

A spokesperson told The Sun Online today how the "very healthy" teenager had first fallen ill on March 23 with Covid-19 symptoms.

Three days later, Ismail's condition worsened and he was rushed to hospital where medics put him on a ventilator.

Source: Read Full Article

You May Also Like